Have you been thinking about capturing or exploring your family history? Whether you are just beginning or have been researching for years, join others who enjoy this hobby. Find and document those unique stories about your family. Our genealogy club is “Digging Into Roots Together” (DIRT) and we will be meeting in a hybrid fashion on Wednesday, February 22 from 1:30 pm -3:30 pm at The Seabrook Island Lakehouse, Osprey 2 (if you need a gate pass, send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will also host the meeting virtually using zoom: Click here. Topics will be a case study on: How to Prepare Circumstantial Evidence that an Individual is Your Direct Ancestor, followed by a Presentation on Getting the most out of RootsTech 2023.
We can help you with:
- How to begin researching your family genealogy
- How to document and organize what you already have
- How to search for family information
- How to digitize all your current holdings – photos, documents, audio and video
- How to interview
- How to publish your family history
- How to solve some of those brick walls
- Sharing your stories
- Getting help from others
For additional information, please contact Lynn Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Submitted by Lynn Baker