Veterans Day is Saturday, November 11, 2023. It is a federal holiday which means that non-essential federal government offices are closed and every federal government employee is paid for the holiday. If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday can be treated as a holiday.
You should check with your local bank, credit union, school, etc. to see if they are open on Friday, November 10 and/or Saturday, November 11.
The local holiday hours are as follows:
- SIPOA offices will be closed Friday, November 10 and they are not open on Saturdays. SIPOA does not impose any contractor rules for this holiday.
- Town of Seabrook Island offices will be closed Friday, November 10 and they are not open on Saturdays.
- Vincent’s Pharmacy will be open on both Friday and Saturday with normal hours. (These are new hours.)
- Post and Computer Center will be open on both Friday and Saturday with normal hours. On Saturday, November 11, the Post Office will not be picking up or delivering but UPS and FedEx will still be making their runs.
- Harris Teeter will be open on Friday and Saturday with normal hours.
The U.S. government recognizes 12 federal holidays: 11 annually and Inauguration Day every four years.
(Image credit: Pinterest)