Stay Safe This Winter

St. Johns Fire Department tweeted a reminder from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission on how to stay safe this winter.

  • If you are using a space heater, make sure it is at least 3 feet away from any objects.  Obviously, you want to keep it away from flammable items, but many times you don’t know if something is flammable.
  • Don’t plug a space heater into a power strip.
  • Unplug the space heater when you go to bed.
  • Limit the number of electric cords you plug into one outlet or power strip.
  • During the holidays, keep your real tree well watered while you have it up.
  • Don’t use damaged or worn extension cords.
  • Avoid using electric cords where they can be pinched, such as under a rug.
  • Never force a three prong cord into a two prong outlet.
  • Keep candles away from anything that can catch fire.
  • Make sure decorative lights are secure and not near anything that can catch fire if they get too hot.

For more information from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, click here.

Stay safe

Have a safe and warm winter.

Tidelines Editors

 

This entry was posted in Health and Wellness. Bookmark the permalink.

To leave a Comment, include your first and last name

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s