The Gullah/Geechee Nation International Music & Movement Festival is the official celebration of the Gullah/Geechee Nation. This three day celebration hosted and presented by native Gullah/Geechees will link the connection from the Sea Islands to Barbados through music, dance, drama, film, books, and crafts. Saturday is “Gullah/Geechee Reunion Day” at the Charleston Music Hall. Cum fa jayn we fa “Disya da Gullah/Geechee!” Click here for more information.
For the schedule of events….
• Gullah/Geechee Tours on Your Own
• Private VIP Welcoming Reception for VIP Ticket Holders
•Charleston Music Hall Noon to 6 pm
• Gullah/Geechee Reunion Day
-Gullah/Geechee craft, musical, dramatic, and storytelling presentations by native Gullah/Geechee artists including the sweetgrass artistry of Anastatia Ketchen and Gregory Grant
• Sea Island Sunset VIP Party with a Purpose Cruise
-This closing VIP party will take place on a private charter cruise on the Charleston Harbor.
• Worship with local congregations including Emanuel AME.
• 2 pm Closing drumming ceremony and community reception at the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry. Bring hunnuh drums, tambourines, and stamping sticks and shout wid we!
(Image credit: CVB website)