Highlights from the 2020 SIPOA Annual Meeting:
SIPOA Election Results: The SIPOA Board and Nomination election results were announced. Please note that these results are unofficial pending the official certified tally.
Elected to the Board of Directors for a 3-year term:
Elected to the Nominating Committee for a 2-year term:
The certified election results will be available next week.
Highlights from Outgoing Board Chairman Guy Gimson’s Report:
- SIPOA in a stronger position than it was 6 years ago
- Influx of new property owners means many of the current property owners were not here 6 years ago
- SIPOA dealt with more traffic
- Built a new gatehouse
- Improved processes such as access during peak times at gatehouse
- Improved storm drainage
- Coordinated hurricane response with the Club and Town of Seabrook Island
- Maintenance of Cap’n Sams Inlet
Highlights from Executive Director Heather Paton’s Report:
- Recover from Hurricane Dorian was very successful and timely
- The Lake House is celebrating its 10th anniversary
- Currents publication launched and will be available in electronic format going forward; Board will still use The Seabrooker
- SIPOA directory is coming soon and information will be sent so that one can choose to opt in or out as they choose
- Tidelines is celebrating its 6th anniversary
- New website will launch within the next few months
Highlights from Treasurer Warren Weber’s Report:
- SIPOA’s financial condition at year-end appears to be solid
- Need to be prepared for future expenses such as roads, inlet relocation, results of drainage study, and The Lake House and Community Center
- SIPOA has no debt for the third year in a row
2020 Annual Budget: Approved
Annual Assessments: The 2020 Annual Assessment recommendation is:
$2,266 for a House/Villa
$1,258 for an Undeveloped Lot
$756 for Bohicket Marina members
$95 for a Special Assessment due to Hurricane Dorian cleanup
The bills for the assessments will go at the end of February and payments are due at the end of March.
The Annual Report provides more detailed information on projects, activities, and accomplishments in 2019. Copies are available at the SIPOA Administrative Office.