On January 27, Tidelines published information about the upcoming Historic Charleston Foundation Festival of Houses and Gardens. Since then they have informed us of their decision to delay the 2021 Festival in the best interests of public health and safety.
The Festival will kick-off on Thursday, March 11 with virtual Food for Thought Luncheon Lectures and in-person events commencing after Easter. The Historic Charleston Foundation website details the new Festival schedule and may be viewed by clicking here. Check it often in case there are additional changes and since they will be adding events throughout the summer!
The revised 2021 schedule is as follows:
- Glorious Gardens Tours will be re-scheduled to Friday, April 30, Friday, May 7, 14, and 21. These popular tours of private gardens will not include interiors and group size will be limited to accommodate social distancing. Please note the Sip and Stroll and Garden Splendor tours are cancelled for 2021.
- Food For Thought Luncheon Lectures beginning Thursday, March 11 through Friday, April 2 will be held virtually.
- Food for Thought Luncheon Lectures beginning Monday, April 5 through Friday, April 16 will be held in-person at the Captain James Missroon House, 40 East Bay. The audience sizes will be limited to accommodate social distancing.
- Beginning Friday, April 23, a new in-person Festival Fridays program featuring Morning History Walks and Food For Thought lectures will be offered every Friday through August 27!
- The uplifting musical concerts First Thursday Gullah Spirituals will be held the first Thursday of every month beginning April 1 through November 4.
- Morning History Walks will begin Monday, April 5 through Friday, April 16. Beginning Friday, April 23, these will be held every Friday through August 27 as part of the new Festival Fridays program.
For additional information, visit 2021 Festival Information – Know Before You Go.
-Submitted by Historic Charleston Foundation
(Image credit: HCF)