Seabrook Island Town Council approved Emergency Ordinance 2021-02 on March 23, 2021. This ordinance is in effect from now until May 23, 2021. Below is a brief summary of the requirements and recommendations.
Congregating in groups:
- The prohibition of individuals within the Town to congregate in groups of more than ten (10) people has been repealed.
- Individuals who congregate in groups in public settings within the Town where they are, will be, or reasonably could be in close proximity to others who are not members of the same household are required to maintain six (6) feet of separation from such individuals or to otherwise practice effective social distancing in accordance with CDC and SCDHEC guidance.
Face coverings are required for:
- All persons inside any portion of a business establishment that is open to the public or that is open to customers.
- All employees of a business establishment while engaged in face-to-face interactions with customers anywhere on the premises of the business establishment, including outdoor areas.
- All persons waiting in line to enter a business establishment.
- All persons in attendance at allowed gatherings which are duly permitted by the Town through a Temporary Use Permit.
- All customers, patrons, employees, suppliers, vendors, and other visitors while inside any portion of the restaurant that is open to the public or that is open to customers; while engaged in face-to-face interactions with customers anywhere on the premises of the restaurant, including outdoor areas; and while waiting on line to enter the restaurant.
Masks are encouraged but not required:
- While participating in allowed gatherings and groups where social distancing is not being practiced.
- While employees of a business establishment are within an area that is not open to the public or open to customers but where interactions with other persons can occur and the space is inadequate to practice social distancing.
- On the boardwalks or while using the beach wash stations.
- For groups of two (2) or more unrelated individuals while sharing a vehicle, boat, golf cart, or other mode of transportation which is provided by the business establishment for outdoor use on the premises of the business establishment when separation of at least six feet between individuals cannot be maintained.
If you would like to read the 23 page draft version of Emergency Ordinance 2021-02, click here.