The 44th Annual Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon and Half Marathon is this Saturday, December 10, at 8:00 am.
This means Bohicket Road, Main Road, and River Road will be busy the few days before the race as well as Saturday afternoon and Sunday after the race. Freshfields might get a bit congested also.
Below is a list of events that might aid in your decision when to drive on and off of the island.
- Thursday, December 8, 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Friday, December 9, 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Race Day, Saturday, December 10, 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
Race Packet Pick-up
- Thursday, December 8, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Friday, December 9, 10:00 am – 8:30 pm
- Race Day, Saturday, December 11, 6:15 am – 7:45 am
Glow In The Dark Color Run 5K
On Friday, December 9, at 4:30 pm, there is a pre-race party followed the race, which begins at 5:45 pm.
For more information on the race, go to the website: https://www.kiawahresort.com/recreation/kiawah-island-marathon.
Good luck to all the runners and walkers!
– Tidelines Editors
(Image credit: Kiawah Marathon)