The Gibbes Museum of Art is excited to announce a full day of animals, art and engaging activities for the whole family that is free and open to the public on Saturday, February 25. Animal Adventures Family Day, in conjunction with the museum’s exhibition of Un/Natural Selections: Wildlife in Contemporary Art, will offer something for everyone, including animal pose yoga, art making, a photo booth, bunny cuddles and more.
- Animal Pose Yoga, 10:30 – 11 am and 12 noon – 12:30 pm
- Family Storytime with the Charleston County Public Library, 11 – 11:30 am and 12:30 – 1:00 pm
- Drop-in art activity with Janellify, 11:30 am – 12 noon and 1:00 – 1:30 pm
- Photo booth and face painting, 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Garden exhibition booths and animal encounters with event partners, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Traditional Folk Tales with Minerva King, 2:00 – 2:30 pm
- Fern Gully film screening, 3:15 – 4:45 pm
Food and Snacks
The Riverdogs Food Truck will be onsite from 11 am – 2:00 pm selling delicious ballpark treats and Independent Grounds will be onsite from 1:00 – 3:00 pm with a hot chocolate bar and sweet pick-me-ups.
Low Stimulation Room
The Gibbes is offering a low-stimulation room for Animal Adventure Day with minimal sounds, lowered lights and comfortable seating. This room will be located on the first floor of the museum and will be available to all patrons of the event. Please contact Becca Hiester with any questions regarding accessibility and inclusion for this event at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Submitted by The Gibbes Museum
(Image credit: gibbesmuseum.org)