The Charleston Running Club is once again proud to present the Bohicket Half & 5K on Saturday, November 21, 2020. This is the only locally organized half marathon in the Lowcountry. Now in its third year, this road race is for the benefit of the Kiawah – Seabrook Exchange Club and the Charleston Running Club.
While plans are in place to ensure that this event can be held safely, there is always a chance that permission will be withdrawn and the event will not be held.
To ensure the safety of runners and volunteers, the following precautions will be in place:
- Each runner will receive a gaiter provided by the Cooper River Bridge Run to wear during the event.
- The starting area will be divided with caution tape into five 6′ lanes and then marked with lines every 8′ crosswise.
- All on-course water and Gatorade will be served in unopened 12-oz. bottles.
- Bathrooms will be professionally sanitized after every use.
- Five (5) wave starts will allow 1-minute distance between each wave of runners; between 40 – 50 runners per wave.
- Afterward, party refreshments will be provided on the Boardwalk with proper social distancing observed.
- All runners will have their temperature checked before entering corral.
- Awards will be available post run with proper social distancing observed.
- All awards timing will be by chip time only due to wave starting.
For more information about signing up as a runner, walker or volunteer, click here for the race website.